I am the ruler of my life, not a slave.

O to struggle against great odds, to meet enemies undaunted!
To mount the scaffold, to advance to the muzzles of guns with perfect nonchalance!
To be indeed a God!
~ Walt Whitman, "A Song of Joys"

I have come to know the joy of this inner strength of which Uncle Walt sings.  Didn't particularly like the path that brought me here, but as they say "no pain, no gain."  I struggled against those great odds, and they tore me down, but now I see they only succeeded because I allowed them to succeed.  I gave myself up to them.  Now the wool has been pulled back from my eyes, and I have reclaimed me for me.  I have remounted the scaffolding and rebuilt myself.  And now I know no fear.  I know no tyranny over my mind nor over my heart.  I meet my enemies undaunted, because they cannot make me cower before them.  I advance against them with perfect nonchalance, because their attacks cannot hurt me.  They are insects to my power.  I am once again impenetrable, once again in control.

This is what it means to indeed be a God.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Forced birth is slavery

The Right to Bear Arms is Outdated and Needs to be Repealed from the Constitution

Joshua stopping the sun